BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

On the face of it funding is unknown - at least to retail...

1. 2,820 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 618
    On the face of it funding is unknown - at least to retail investors. They haven't been explicit about this is any recent presentations or discussions. I can't help but feel though that funding was assured when Nant decided to own the company for its head & neck program. There may be commercial reasons that they choose not to elaborate on funding until now. Perhaps it would interfere with the very generous grant (10 million?) the company receives annually from the Australian government or perhaps they would have more upside return to offer with shares and options offered to partners by keeping the share price low? Any injection or promise thereof of non-dilutive capital would send the share price rocketing and they may not want to do this yet.. Others here on this board could offer other reasons too.

The most recent presentations have been titled "Path to Value Creation"" by a team that prides itself on doing what they say. I have full confidence that the process of renewal and transformation into a multi-product/target company has started. The share price is rising slowly and surely avoiding the boom and bust cycles of the past.

Dilution is definitely not on the cards - they are just remaining tight-lipped, being very selective with partners, working hard in the lab to demonstrate efficacy and adaptability to other indications and most importantly - not giving big pharma the upper hand in negotiations.

What do you think?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.