CF1 16.7% 2.8¢ complii fintech solutions ltd

Ann: Intiger Market Update, page-144

1. 3,844 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 741
    I did not say there was nothing of substance. In fact I said "..there is very little of real substance.." and I still hold that view.

As to the grammar of the announcement; Consider for a moment how Hot Copper subscribers always ponder and analyse every word and nuance of an official ASX announcement. Given this amount of scrutiny by shareholders and potential shareholders it is extremely important for the wording of such announcements to be clear and unambiguous.

Clearly, such precision is lacking in many contributions to Hot Copper threads. Many posters exhibit schoolboy howlers when using, for example, too, to and two, or there, their and they're. How often do we see could of, should of or would of when the poster really means could have, should have or would have? We are inclined to forgive this in such a free-flowing format as Hot Copper, but never in the rigid confines of an ASX announcement.

In this particular announcement, the first sentence is ambiguous. In effect it announces that the appointment has been appointed. Who or what has been appointed? Tim Thornton? or perhaps BCM Computer and Mathematical Sciences? Both?

Here it is again:

The directors of Intiger Group Limited (IAM) (Intiger or the Company) are pleased to announce the appointment of Tim Thornton BCM Computer and Mathematical Sciences has been appointed to the position of Chief Technology Officer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CF1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.8¢
Change
0.004(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $15.90M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.8¢ 2.8¢ 2.8¢ $2.878K 102.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 75000 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.8¢ 389112 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.38pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CF1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.