QPM 2.78% 3.5¢ queensland pacific metals limited

About two years ago I made a strategic decision to invest...

1. 5,671 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1742
    About two years ago I made a strategic decision to invest heavily into electric vehicle battery technology minerals, especially nickel and copper and later rare earths. I was a bit scared of jumping into lithium or cobalt. I started reading and researching anything nickel related on the ASX. I was fairly ignorant (still am).

When covid started to hit I went heavily into cash. Someone more experienced told me that speckie/growth stocks tank first but recover first in a market correction. So I was happy to change my risk profile when I thought the time was right to start buying up stocks after the covid crash.

I can't remember where I cam across QPM (then PM1). I had bought my first parcel just before the covid crash. I remember watching a sh4re cafe hidden gems presentation (decipher that because hotcopper censors reference to that competing media outlet). I watch all the sh4re cafe hidden gems presentations. They turn up some interesting prospects but you have to DYOR because all the companies that present are paying to spruik themselves of course. Read all those small cap and sharemarket websites out there that cover ASX stocks but be very discerning and discriminating in what you believe because companies use them to spruik themselves.

I'm heavily diversified. Some people have told me I am too diversified but I feel it important to manage risk.

I jump into stocks with a lot of ignorance of the technical side of the industry but my one suggestion is to research the management; the CEO/MD and the chairperson and the rest of the board. Look at their background and their track record and decide whether you should trust them with your money. Are they are lifestyle management or do they have a track record of delivering on projects? I've been burnt jumping onto lifestyle companies.

Go with your gut feeling. Have a plan to manage risk (ie, free carry if the stock price doubles from where you purchased). Set a mental stop loss (30% seems reasonable for a speckie).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QPM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
-0.001(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $88.24M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.5¢ $31.15K 889.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 233482 3.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.6¢ 439359 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QPM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.