MLX 1.70% 43.3¢ metals x limited

Should shareholders really be happy with cash held at 50% of our...

1. 2,367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 738
    Should shareholders really be happy with cash held at 50% of our equity value, even when investing the money into our own business? Bank interest of, let's say 5%, vs current IRR sitting around 30-40% at current? Doesn't make any sense when you are taking equity risk and our company is so well managed (allegedly). Any you may disagree with me but I've been in markets for 30 odd years, professionally for some time. I don't know everything but to come and say people that disagreed were 'significantly experienced' reeks of some misguided hubris.

FYI Travis Ricciardo (former investment analyst from Money of Mine podcast) and Russell Delroy (founder of Nero Funds Management) have both highlighted the need for MLX to utilise the cash build (if shareholders want to get a return) as it is excessive now.

I've always likes your input/takes arsenic but this one is misguided imo, and pretending it is only inexperienced people suggesting something should change re capital management is wrong

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.3¢
Change
-0.008(1.70%)
Mkt cap ! $385.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
42.5¢ 43.5¢ 42.0¢ $640.8K 1.497M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 84772 43.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.5¢ 101635 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.