CDM 0.70% 72.0¢ cadence capital limited

@onyx....everyone has losses, and SP’s rise and fall, sometimes...

1. 4,651 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 374
    @onyx....everyone has losses, and SP’s rise and fall, sometimes for no real basis in fact. They can be overbought and oversold and the trick is to know which. My advice ? Be careful averaging down.... Look at your weighting’s and how much you want to have in a particular stock and be prepared to say (as I have with CDM) enough is enough ! Dont just look at the SP, but look at the reasons for the fall or rise . In the case of CDM, I regard myself as having been deceived by CDM fund managers as they did not follow their widely advertised trading plan of buying and selling in stages and they appear to have let their emotions or opinions override the trading plan to OUR detriment. I don’t know if I will ever recover my losses, but I would not even give CDM a second thought regarding averaging down. My advice ? We are still getting g dividends and hopefully Karl has realised the error of his ways, after all, he is a major stakeholder, but he also continues to collect fees for managing the portfolio. Something that we don’t get the benefit of ! Has he agreed to reduce his management fees ? I don’t think so. I used to watch Michael Heffernan (The Heff) fromPhillip Capital on Switzer, and used to say, only buy stocks on the way up, not on the way down. I don’t know if you have a free charting program called “Incredible charts” which is a great way to get years of data an any stock on the ASX with a 24 hour delay. There are a variety of charting tools, moving averages etc to see if a stock is rising or falling and by use of the moving averages, simply see if a stock is overbought or sold. I am NOT a chartist, and only use the program occasionally to remind myself of what is happening to a particular share over a longer time frame. One stock that comes to mind is Credit Corp (which I don’t own, or even CSL which has dips and peaks but whose SP is on the up. You could have made money almost at any time over a longer period with these, altho you could have been losing in a shorter time frame. Don’t be afraid to back yourself.... I remember buying RHC at $6.20 because my wife went into a Ramsay Hospital for treatment and everyone incl staff and patients were happy ! Maybe, just maybe...... that Karl isn’t the guru we thought he was, and maybe you are a better stock picker than you think you are. Don’t be afraid to back yourself, not necessarily on penny dreadfuls, but by buying good top 200 shares at oversold prices. I bought CSL at $155.00, and even if it had gone to $200, that would have been fine. Don’t stop searching for the next opportunity, perhaps excluding Karl from your selection process...... or even looking at some of the stocks in the CDM portfolio, doing a bit of research and taking an individual position. Geoff Wilson is always good for some information in his presentations or an explanation of why they have certain shares in their portfolio. Don’t be discouraged, everyone has losses and the trick is to learn what went wrong and move on to your next winner. Best wishes and good investing “luck” !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
72.0¢
Change
0.005(0.70%)
Mkt cap ! $216.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
72.0¢ 72.5¢ 71.5¢ $59.54K 82.81K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 58663 72.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
72.5¢ 20306 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
72.5¢
  Change
0.005 ( 1.40 %)
Open High Low Volume
72.0¢ 72.5¢ 72.0¢ 20070
Last updated 15.50pm 03/05/2024 ?
CDM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.