DBF 0.70% $1.42 duxton farms ltd

The company is starting to smell like a 3 day old fish IMOIf you...

1. 878 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55

The company is starting to smell like a 3 day old fish IMO

If you are serious about closing the discount to NTA that Ed and the rest of the
    board say that they are keen to do...then why in hell would you throw another
    related party transaction into the mix

Surely the board would have seen that this transaction would only serve to widen the
    NTA gap, not close it, what are the terms of the transaction and what is the potential
    upside of this transaction to all of the current DBF shareholders and not just a couple
    of insiders, this looks like a lot of risk with not much reward...except learning FFS

So we are buying 2600 cattle and P & E from some of our largest shareholders, that
    is Ed and I would assume Richard Magides (though I could be wrong), Richard
    already owns 24% of DBF....this is starting to look a bit like the takeover by stealth
    of AAC by our old mate Joe Lewis, it just so happens that DBF will probably have to
    raise capital this year, so our major holders will be a bit flusher with cash now to
    subscribe to that capital raising, it will probably be at a decent discount to NTA if
    my way of thinking is correct

It appears that mountain valley station was last sold 9 years ago for just over
    $3 mill, that is according to an abc news rural article at the time, and that included
    over 1600 head of cattle....so how much are we paying for the 2600 head and p&e?

So how much are we paying to lease this property, how much are we paying to buy
    the cattle when the threat of F and M and lumpy skin disease is still pretty much
    a big risk especially up north, so we spend millions preparing the land for cropping,
    seeing if we can make a go of it and some money from it and take all that risk and
    we dont even own the land, so what if it is successful in say 5 years, surely if it is a
    goer and Ed is correct then farm prices up north will be a lot dearer than current
    prices, if we were going to lease this and spend all the money on it then at least
    have an option agreement to purchase it in place first

I think its time for our independent directors to have a bit of a think about what being
    independent actually means

Like Cocky5 posted, red flags are popping up more and more, shareholders need to
    be informed, especially around related party transactions and when trust is starting to
    be questioned

the above are my thoughts only
    cheers grant

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DBF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.42
Change
-0.010(0.70%)
Mkt cap ! $61.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.47 $1.47 $1.42 $13.82K 9.714K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35909 $1.42

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.45 50 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.41pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.42
  Change
-0.010 ( 1.05 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.47 $1.47 $1.42 1861
Last updated 15.41pm 06/05/2024 ?
DBF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.