ALK 1.15% 44.0¢ alkane resources limited

Ann: Investor Briefing Webinar, page-18

1. 7,856 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1479
    one reason why they are pushing for the highway relocation could be they think there is more gold under the highway and near the surface. from memory I think they not allowed to drill too close below the highway.

Another reason is if they mine to close to the surface from UG, they end up leaving too many ounces as unmined but not enough to be feasible to mine them as Open Pits.
    Also, the Open Pits will offer more options to drill from the bottom of those pits in other directions and reduce cost of exploring but this is marginal benefit and I am sure is not factored in the current calculations on why they are pushing for the Open Pits.

I see ALK as successful explorers with potential to land in a JV that can offer very long term divis with plenty of cash to fund exploration for decades. Considering their success record when it comes to exploring it is decent bet for ALK to make another discovery in the next 2 years.

I don't see them as able to grow via m&a at all as they missed few opportunities and others proved there were plenty of opportunities in the past 5 years.

But NMPP could prove to be big catalyst - if ALK does not overplay their hand. If they get lucky and hit something big at Driell, Boda4 or Boda2/3 then yes they can play hard to catch as now NMPP will command higher average grade and adds another ~15-20 years LOM.

The big question now is how much drilling to they plan at NMPP or elsewhere over the next 12 months. Going into debt is not big deal if that debt is not huge and the future profits from the mine will pay it back in 12-18 months. And if resource at the operation is not shrinking as they need to replenish what they mine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
44.0¢
Change
0.005(1.15%)
Mkt cap ! $265.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.0¢ 46.0¢ 44.0¢ $2.169M 4.835M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 62348 44.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
45.0¢ 141846 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.