LYC 2.86% $6.11 lynas rare earths limited

Ann: Investor Day Presentation - Lynas 2025, page-48

1. 1,270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1928
    Having just returned from a trip with no worldly contact and zero news, it is nice to return to Lynas World with some promise on the horizon. The investors day provided a great deal to be optimistic about. While there were many threads throughout the presentation, the expansion theme was the one I found most interesting.  To that end, I thought it was telling that Chairman Mike Harding gave what I thought was a rousing endorsement of the US project...

I think the significance of the US expansion has been underestimated by many whereas I thought it along with Mt. Weld were the main subjects in the presentation. This was summarized in Chairman Mike Harding's closing remarks when he focused on the three criteria he used in his decision to give his blessing to the half billion dollar project. I had a strong sense that he was 100% convinced in his decision and to me at least he looked genuinely excited about it...

Why shouldn't we be excited about this new development?

First of all it gives the world the perception that Lynas is the leader of RE processing in the world. While those close to the industry know this is true, Lynas is not a "household" word in the RE world just yet. Spearheading development of critical REs for the US will essentially establish Lynas as the defacto "expert" and go-to company in this industry. It's clear Amanda is gaining traction in her quest to position Lynas as the ROW RE leader leveraging it's clear first mover advantage...

With respect to the trade war, China has probably already made the decision on the RE card and we may see it played soon. If history is any indicator it won't be long before President Trump will correctly tout the success of the Australian/US deal bringing RE's to the US. This could be significant in that RE will be on the world stage. Given just how far back the US is in the RE race. I would not be surprised to see this project be well funded (by the JV) and fast tracked by the Trump administration...

The last note of interest is the title of the investors event itself Lynas in 2025. Amanda could have called it anything else but 2025 suggests the Lynas name will be around and hopefully be quite prosperous for some time to come... JMHO...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.