LKE 5.26% 4.0¢ lake resources n.l.

No, anybody who could objectively critique a resource project...

1. 4,960 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5010
    No, anybody who could objectively critique a resource project could see this was coming, as numerous posters on here have shown over a long time. But holders just stupidly dismissed it as paid downramping, etc, etc. Now the chickens come how to roost. Today's presentation tells me that Kachi is cactus, the capex/opex will be far too high for it to ever attract finance considering the resource is so low grade and there are oodles of better deposits out there. It won't die in a day, but it'll dwindle down over time, in my opinion.

For different reasons, SYA also finds itself high up the short-selling list, not because anybody has secret knowledge, but because at the end of the day it's not that hard to establish the companies that rely on a lot of promotion to continually raise capital, whilst dealing with challenging geology/grades/capex etc, are probably not going to sustain their lofty valuations. Most lithium punters just buy into the "massive EV demand coming!!!" thematic without stopping to think about how many projects are slated to come online and what that will do for supply. The cost curve is going to matter, and those on the wrong end will suffer. No surprises that it's the companies up the high end of the cost/capex curve - but with a great 'story' - that tend to attract all the retail punters, i.e. LKE, SYA, VUL etc.
    Last edited by mondyinvest: 19/06/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.0¢
Change
0.002(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $66.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.8¢ 4.1¢ 3.8¢ $296.0K 7.491M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 34999 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.1¢ 348985 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.