NEU 0.34% $20.45 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Ann: Investor Presentation, 14 March 2023, page-20

1. 5,873 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17460
    Now that Daybue is approved, I'm wondering (hottod) what options this gives Acadia in getting approval for Fragile X. Do they, for example have to do the traditional phase 3 trial or can they go down an alternative route.

Mr_Cod, I don’t know the answer and I don’t think there is a definitive answer.

But some facts to consider:
    • Fragile X is overseen by the FDA’s Division of Psychiatry whereas Rett syndrome is overseen by one of the two Divisions of Neurology.
    • The Division of Psychiatry is reputed to be “more difficult” than the Division of Neurology.
    • Post-Phase 2 Fragile-X advice Neuren received from the FDA was that another Phase 2 trial was required before a pivotal Phase 3 trial.
    • Of course, those requirements might differ now that trofinetide has received FDA approval in another indication. I would think that an sNDA application would now be used but am unclear how that would change data requirements.
    • Ultimately, Acadia would now need to sit down with the FDA to discuss further clinical/ regulatory requirements.
    • Another factor to be considered by Acadia is the competitive landscape in Fragile X. Mid-last year, Tetra Therapeutics launched Phase 2B/3 trials in Fragile-X – 2 x 150 patient trials + extension trial which I would presume they hope to use as pivotal trials. Tetra’s previous (successful) Phase 2 trial results can be seen here.
    • Neuren also needs to consider that Clause 5.4(d) of the trofinetide licence agreement requires Neuren to contribute 50% of any Phase 2 development costs over an unspecified amount. However, any development beyond that is to be funded solely by Acadia.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.45
Change
-0.070(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $2.613B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.60 $20.77 $20.32 $3.866M 188.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 237 $20.44

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.49 1026 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.