RXL 0.00% 16.5¢ rox resources limited

Does the high price of gold (AU 3,085 oz) open up new, near-term...

1. 89 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 94

Does the high price of gold (AU 3,085 oz) open up new, near-term pathways to production?

For example, is the 1m ozs near surface gold at Youanmi, (half indicated @ 1.89g/t) now profitable to mine? Add to that more shallow gold at Currans including a new high grade discovery in a 6m wide lode, more at RWB and Taylors Reef. Likely reserve grade 2g/t+. This shallow gold will be oxide, free milling and cheap to mine. A standard CIL plant could process it. Many other miners are processing shallow ore at that grade or lower so why can’t Rox do it? Norseman gold reserves graded 2g/t for 600,000 ozs. The Norseman gold project has a 1Mtpa carbon-in-leach (CIL) processing plant, with the provision to be expanded to 1.5Mtpa.

I emailed Rox twice to submit the question about new pathways to production and then again as a question to be asked at the AGM. No questions said the Chair this is the first time we have had no questions (thanks Rox).

My take is they are keeping their options open, waiting to see the next assays from near mine targets and are probably drilling deeper at the new discovery at Currans right now. Those results will determine the pathway to production including the mill capacity.

IMO they need a significant new discovery to reach the 5g/t feed requirement for the 2022 Scoping Study model and it’s very possible. But if that doesn’t work out there are alternative pathways opening up with the high POG even if Rox doesn’t want to tell us.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $60.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 102249 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 94733 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 07.00am 09/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RXL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.