DEG 0.80% $1.24 de grey mining limited

I think there was a great story mentioned in the presentation at...

1. 1,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 961
    I think there was a great story mentioned in the presentation at the Explorers conference around the importance of depth. For me, that was the take home message in the exploration space and another reason to be a long-term holder. Phil mentioned a couple of things there, firstly that they were just starting to understand the importance of structural controls on lode development there (with insights from Richard Beckley), secondly that other similar Archaean lode deposits have very significant vertical extent and they were only starting to scratch the surface with deeper drilling at Hemi.

So just like the analogy where they looked at Hemi in the early days and missed the story in their initial drilling that in many cases didn't penetrate the alluvial cover, there also might be an even bigger story hidden at depth, hinted at by some of the grades coming from the limited deeper drilling. If they are getting a feel for how structural control influences grade, that might really help target areas with grade potential for UG mining.

Something I've mentioned in the past is the known nature of these Sanucitiod intrusions is they are usually very large crustal-scale intrusions near deep crustal scale faults, often gold bearing at economic grades, and from Hugh Smithies and colleagues work in the Geological Survey of WA (see https://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/Documents/Geological-Survey/GSWAOpenDay2019_Sanukitoid-Lamprophyres_GSWA-Smithies.pdf for a publicly digestible example, especially the slide about big cracks ) this style of Archaean intrusion is closely related to much of the gold emplacement on the eastern goldfields, which occured at pretty much the same time. So while this was a carefully understated presentation, you can start to get a feel for why DEG are progressing with this deep, lengthy drill holes that Gmeister is very kindly and expertly updating us with regularly.

These very deep systems are probably connected at greater scales and offshoots can form swarms of outlying intrusions along the crustal cracks, but certainly it seems that now Hemi has been found, a deeper campaign there is the best place to start, and ideally one backed up with some more sophisticated geophysics to better understand the deeper crustal structures that might control some of this. It would be great if Geosciences Australia or the Geological Survey of WA could come along with some of their seismic tools to take a deep peek!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.24
Change
-0.010(0.80%)
Mkt cap ! $2.286B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.24 $3.334M 2.676M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 108705 $1.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.24 20490 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.24
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.44 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.24 820175
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.