3DP 3.45% 6.0¢ pointerra limited

Elyo, you make a good point! Let me clarify and rephrase....

1. 162 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Elyo, you make a good point! Let me clarify and rephrase.

Nearmaps model is OK for a company that distributes data that they in fact create. They take simple high resolution imagery at their own cost for general resale, as you say not project based. So a good point. I would note that there are a number of companies that are coming into that market with better equipment and better big data displays including 3D and multi spectral information which Nearmap does not produce.

However in Pointerra's case they are not creating data. There is some public data out here, which is obviously free. So there model is flawed. Most point clouds are done via project work via survey companies. As one of the forum people said, Spewy I think, who is going to upload a terabyte of survey information to AWS just to allow Pointerra to sell it back to them at speeds that are infinitely slower than local network servers.

Ah but maybe there is a catch here. Maybe Nearmap will move to doing Lidar surveys as well and then require Pointerra as a second rate display mechanism to fit into there marketing model. It is not rocket science. And/or maybe they will purchase Pointerra and integrate?

Either way, whilst Nearmap has reasonable revenues, their time in the sun (thanks to Stuart Nixon) is limited with companies like Spookfish( again Stuart Nixon), Aermetrex, Eagleview etc, all offering superior technologies. Pointerra, unfortunately, does not have the luxury of that time. They are already behind the eight ball with products like Euclideon, Leica, Pointcloud Technology etc already out there with superior technologies. I think there marketing model s doomed before it starts, and no matter what associations they develop us not going to help. They are too small, with one "scientist", to compete with bigger local groups like Euclideon, or nternational giants like Hexagon (Leica).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
0.002(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $48.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.7¢ 6.2¢ 5.7¢ $46.06K 777.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 223480 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.2¢ 6952 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.