ORR 0.00% 56.5¢ orecorp limited

(Quote) "This funding has been a long time coming, so we all...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 5,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3945
    (Quote) "This funding has been a long time coming, so we all hope it's going to be worth it, because there will be a lot of people re-calculating the figures after it's been announced."(End)

Damn right, especially if once re-calculated, the repayment times have blown-out and doubled, and the re-payment amounts have also doubled, or they decide to Give-Away tonnes of gold cheaply to Gold Streaming Companies (GSC) in return for funding, because they'll now have to give away a lot more gold than they would have 12 to 18 months ago when interests rates were exceptionally low.

The board's inability to act on funding at the right time has been very telling on this stock, and may make some shareholder's question the board's management ability.

If there was an AGM, the one crucial question shareholders should be asking is ... "please tell us why, when interest rates were at all times low, one year ago, you did not lock in funding for the project, as a priority?".

The level and depth and conviction and (perceived) honesty that shareholders receive for the answer to this question should guide them in the investment decision here, or not. This is the CRUCIAL question, as well as .... is the board up to answering it in detail?

They will therefore need a rise in the gold price to mitigate some of these negative effects on their DFS figures now.

Once they announce the funding, I'd expect they'll go on a roadshow, and then I'd like to see some honest re-calculation of repayment time-frames and (total) re-payment amounts. Do shareholders think you'll get this?

Of course, one can become a bit cynical at this end of the market, and think that the reason for the long funding delays, and for them MISSING a great opportunity to lock in LOW interest rates, is because all-along they have been hoping that someone might take them over, because the current directors don't really have the heart to develop the mine. However, if that was to occur, at this share price, it would be a disaster, except for those with huge or significant holdings - which is usually the case.

There needs to be some questions asked here.

Why has the funding been delayed 18 months, so as to allow the interest rates on borrowing to effectively double or triple, and throw out all the assumptions and figures released on their initial DFS?

Why ???

Gw

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.