ALK 3.77% 55.0¢ alkane resources limited

Ann: Investor Presentation - Bell Potter Unearthed, page-66

1. 7,761 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1457

Newmont only talks to you if you have proven monster in your portfolio. And they will want to buy it instead of JV - or to own at least ~80% so no 50-50 deals. They would very seldom go into 50-50 JVs. Though I'll be happy with 80-20 and Newmont to fund rest of the exploration and the development. But ALK will need to prove at least 20Moz (at the very least) if they are to get Newmont to give them 30min for a sales-pitch.
    If ALK gets Boda (NMPP) to 30Moz and above then different story.

Boda shows signs to become a monster but is not there yet - neither in grade nor in volume.

However the best way to attract the giants is to keep drilling and growing the resource. What happens then is you get on their radar and they call you instead of you chasing them.

Questions for everyone - has ALK actually explained what investment they chase?
    Are they interested to attract more institutional bids who will hold the shares for longer and stay on the register or is ALK chasing JV partner or buyer for Boda?
    I think they are after institutional investment rather than JVs. I think they want to do CR. Just my take.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.