AHK 9.09% 15.0¢ ark mines limited

We are not getting much news from up north - it's been raining...

1. 9,978 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2467
    We are not getting much news from up north - it's been raining for quite some time and that may slow the drilling.

However progress will be made (IMO) with the ongoing met work at Curumbin.
    The sand comes out of the ground with ~ half a percent REEs plus heavy minerals (rutile and zircon et al) - plans are to gravity concentrate the mined material to produce a ~51% REE concentrate. I presume the heavy mineral sand is part of the 49%

I expect these numbers and the description to be firmed up by work in Curumbin.

Then we have the more important question - in what form is the REE minerals and what percentage. Are they chemically combined in a mineral like monazite, or exist indivudally like in a (good but rare) ionic clay deposit.
    I reckon the Curumbin people will be working on these issues flat strap, to maximise the value of that easily achieved concentrate.

For interest and comparison :-

"In August, Iluka reported a spot price of US$7100 ($7700) per tonne of monazite concentrate, the form of the mineral that Iluka aims to produce from its $35 million Eneabba Phase 2 project, now in construction."

So that does give us some idea of value, but equally some confusion - Why $35m for a plant which just concentrates the monazite ?

I think we will soon know - or maybe it will remain under wraps until mining and cash flow starts, just in case someone with deep pockets decides to splash.

I REMAIN convinced this is the best risk/reward spec mining stock that I am aware of. GL all do your DD.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AHK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
-0.015(9.09%)
Mkt cap ! $8.317M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 16.5¢ 15.0¢ $4.068K 25.10K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 70157 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 470 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AHK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.