DEG 1.80% $1.13 de grey mining limited

I found it interesting that a prominent Australian brokerage...

1. 625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 264
    I found it interesting that a prominent Australian brokerage house recommended Deg with a target price of about 1.80.Raised the potential of a takeover of Deg by Newmont/Newcrest.
    In my 40 years plus investing in the gold space I have found that I make more money if I do the exact opposite of what brokerage houses suggest .
    I also make more money if a bb is overwhelmingly positive ,an excellent contrarian indicator.
    The suggestion that Newmont/Newcrest would be interested in DEG is quite frankly laughable ,Newmont will take at least 2 years or more to digest such a big acquisition and logic would indicate that will keep them very busy consolidating the two enterprises.
    One of the reasons that Newmont is acquiring Newcrest is to get control of its assets in the golden triangle of British Columbia .These are highly attractive and will take a lot of money to develop.No money or time or need to look at an overpriced DEG.
    I did look at the old recommendations with respect to DEg from the same brokerage house (I also wondered if they employ GB girl),3 years ago they recommended DEg at around the same price as it was during the recent placement ,so 3 years later no profit.unless one had used a trading strategy.
    The reason for this is that brokerage houses make their money on doing private placements .Hence they have a conflict of interest between making lots of money off a private placement .I couldn’t discover whether said brokerage house was part of the team that hawked this placement of 300 million or not (and in the process cost the small retail investor 30% )
    On a positive note it does look like gold is doing a little better and the AU dollar has strengthened a touch ,this is because interest rates in the US are probably peaking .
    So for an international investor the recent fall of DEG to 1.05 combined with extreme weakness in the Au dollar probably provides a decent trading opportunity for buying deg though I didnt buy any .
    For the last 3 years DEG has been a lousy investment for the international investor because of basically no movement in the stock price and an extremely weak AU dollar.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.13
Change
0.020(1.80%)
Mkt cap ! $2.708B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.13 $1.15 $1.12 $8.789M 7.768M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 135222 $1.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.13 68046 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.13
  Change
0.020 ( 1.37 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.13 $1.15 $1.12 1547793
Last updated 15.59pm 07/06/2024 ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.