CCV 2.56% 20.0¢ cash converters international

Ann: Investor Presentation - Full Year Results, page-52

1. 2,935 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    There's a strong case that companies like CWN and ALL create poor, their business model is designed to create - and is fully dependent upon - the existance of problem gamblers who lose everything. However CCV neither creates nor perpetuates the poor in society.
    The short term credit industry is highly regulated by comparison and also relies upon customers having enough money to repay their loans to be viable.
    I've tried to illustrate how low income earners need loans for everyday items from time to time, as they do not have the surplus cash for saving like you are lucky enough to possess. Its much easier to match your cash inflows to outflows when you have surplus income. When you are not able to you will need to make use of credit at times. Its that simple.
    CCV is clearly not fleecing their customers as some like to believe or else their ROA would be through the roof, when in fact their ROA is low single digit. Their interest rates are necessarily high as its the nature of small short term loans that their customers require. The costs of someone not having access to credit to repair a car, pay a fine or replace a whitegood when needed are often going to be greater. I believe that CCV provides a valuable service that is much more useful to their customers than their critics who claim the customers just need more financial education. As a wealthy young individual I don't believe you will ever be able to understand this, but what they need is more income, certainly not condescending lessons on how to save what doesn't exist.
    There will be some that misuse credit and thats why I support regulation to reduce this harm and support the new over the old management who appear to respect that they must remain fully compliant. I do believe that the good outweighs the bad in the case of CCV.

I'm not really interested in your investing acumen and hadn't commented on it.

Although I might check whether you were aware that the rising sea levels associated with climate change are expected to create some 500 million homeless refugees in south asia and the pacific region over the next 30 years? Hopefully your coal seam gas investments pay off handsomely.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.005(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $125.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.5¢ 19.8¢ $1.103M 5.472M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 85115 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 428530 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CCV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.