FID 2.51% $8.59 fiducian group limited

The liquidity is an issue if you need to sell a large holding...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,501 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 120
    The liquidity is an issue if you need to sell a large holding and can't find an off market deal. Some funds can be indiscriminate in selling especially if they have lost a mandate which I suspect was the case in some of the selling in the past year. However you need to to keep reminding yourself of the 101 of share investing : the price does not always reflect the intrinsic value. It's pretty obvious what is happening now with the desperate search for yield from retirees : FID offers a healthy yield going forward and there is an army of new investors that would be delighted with a 6% franked up dividend compared to a cash rate of 1.5%. From a technical point of view it looks like the break out price is firming up at $5.60 and the buy and sell spread is contracting. Might take a couple more months to work through but the wild 20 to 30 cents gyrations have been less frequent of late. My theory was buyers ( or programmed algos )were selling tiny amounts of stock to force the price down in the buy/sell spread to pick up stock at cheaper prices because it just seemed irrational a genuine seller would sell stock at a level then sell stock 20 to 30 cents lower on the same day.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FID (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.