ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,326 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    I do think @madamswer's point is valid. LAU must wear the very fluctuating fortunes of the agricultural industry for a largish portion of its income. And nowhere more will this be felt than the retailers who service the country areas. Read: WB Hunters, for mine, very much an acquisition that has yet to be proved a correct move, as the FY24 results show. But, to the credit of management, in a tough year and Hunters aside, they did increase revenue (sans Hunters) organically by 6% - only to see it gobbled up by materials & transport costs which increased cost/rev from 33.4% in FY23 to 36.6% in FY24.
    They did a fantastic job of keeping labour/subcontractor costs reasonably under control.
    Overall, I think this is a competent management team - deserving of 27% of the STI's in a tough year, probably right. Mitigation of risk & greater damage deserves recognition.
    But, reality is reality, this is a capital intensive company.
    Return of assets (ROA) is a good indicator of a tough FY24 where it dropped from 7.1% to 5%.
    NPAT/REV dropping from 5.1% to 3.39% is game, set & match.

The 'between the lines' readings of their outlook might suggest they see improvements in FY25 - top line in particular.
    One would hope rev to increase 10%+ - inflation is probably running at around 5% & WB Hunters has to step up.
    And NPAT/Rev to get back to around that 5% mark.
    There are plenty of good expansionary things happening where the benefits will show in FY26.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
91.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $284.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 14430 91.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
91.0¢ 1106 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.13am 01/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.