TUA 0.90% $4.48 tuas limited

in the half hour phone update from 1000 AEDT on 30 October 2020,...

1. 10,509 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1388
    in the half hour phone update from 1000 AEDT on 30 October 2020, Richard said that TPG differentiates tself by offering roaming and also targets all customer segments including foreign migrant workers.

Simplicity is its key.

it has spectrum in both bands. Initial deployment will be in non standalone.

Active subscribers, the 133000 to 4 September in the presentation, had 20000 net additions for the month of September 2020. (This is a faster growth rate if one annualises it and appears to be good news. If the company can manage to gain (say) another 150000-250000 subscribers in 12 months, this will be very helpful. Remember that with foreign migrant worker numbers probably lower during COVID-19 - and many affected by catching the virus in their dormitories - the potential for upside if and when normality returns is there).

The company did not want to say how many converted from the original free trial offer as it considered it commercial-in-confidence.

A 'very small' number of 'free trial' subscribers remain but these will all cease by 4th quarter 2020. (This is also pleasing as it tells me that Singaporean residents have signed on paying their own money, not just because they received something for nothing)..

In his sole contribution to the discussion, David Teoh says company very focused on mobile side and getting company EBITDA positive. Cautious in approach.

After June 2022, use of TPG brand as of right ceases. Company says will make announcement in due course.

5G spectrum is 'exciting' but comes at a cost. It is validating performance in the field.

Current Singaporean IMDA licence only permits use for 4G. Hope similar arrangements to Australia whereby this can be 'transferred' (the 2.3 ghz) to 5G can be agreed in time. (Apologies: I may not have this totally correct as it was a very technical discussion).

The company does not control the 'device ecosystem': 5G devices are 'expensive' at S$400 to S$700, so progress depends how quickly device costs come down. (I assume from this the implication is that not all in Singapore, such as migrant workers from Bangladesh, can afford a 5G smartphone priced at this level).

Overall, I perceived the company management as highly technical - good - and also astute, and most of all, unlike Australian company CEOs and Directors, less willing to share information in such a briefing. Latter is not such a bad thing because one can see that the telecommunications market up in Singapore is even more competitive than Australia.

It's extremely pleasing that the growth in subscribers seems to have accelerated by September 2020.

The share price has gone up further to A$0.735 by 1033 AEDT 30 October 2020.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TUA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.48
Change
0.040(0.90%)
Mkt cap ! $2.089B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.44 $4.51 $4.37 $1.727M 387.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2674 $4.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.50 13524 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TUA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.