PEK 0.00% 20.0¢ peak rare earths limited

Ann: Investor Presentation July 2019, page-15

1. sjl
    1,224 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 343
    Assuming for the sake of discussion that it is the Tanzanian government willfully holding up the license, Peak aren't going to make their concerns public. Doing so would immediately put them in the doghouse - the Tanzanian government would then have reason to be more overtly hostile to Peak.

It would basically mean Peak giving up all hope of developing the mine, and in exchange possibly opening up the country for other companies. If Peak wants to stay in the game, they need to keep a diplomatic face on, at least in public.

This is purely my guess, based upon several assumptions that may or may not be accurate. But the short of it is, taking an antagonistic approach towards a government that you need to approve the mine is not going to end well. Doesn't matter what the morality of it is; the government sets the rules, and the company either plays ball within those rules, or it gives up any hope of building a mine within that government's country.

All those caveats said, I still don't see where else the delay might lie other than the government. So I'm fully expecting the company's statements to be cautious, neutral, and not reveal any frustrations unless and until it becomes obvious that the license won't be granted and there's no hope of salvaging the situation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $53.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ $25.31K 126.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5384 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 14748 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.04pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.