ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 332
    While not being totally relevant for this case, there was a desktop analysis done a couple in 2020 looking at valuations of African juniors compared to their global peers. However, the article does help in understanding where the baseline sits.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4357054-african-gold-juniors-valuations-q2-2020

The bottom line is that African junior explorers were commanding an average of $42.02/oz (which I'm guessing hasn't fluctuated too much since 2020) vs. the global average of $55/oz globally, and $70.07 in the USA and Canada. So paying $164/oz definitely appears to be on the high side, even for a Tier-1 jurisdiction.

Now, given that the the most important asset that this group of juniors had at the time was a maiden MRE and probably not much else, the question becomes what extra premium does being fully funded to production, a completed DFS and already reaching constrution phase command? With the project now being significantly de-risked (although not totally risk free), clearly there should be a significant premium to $42.02/oz.

Somehwere in the region of 60-80c ($140 - 180/oz?) could be about right, but I'd struggle to see this obtaining s/h approval. So personally not over-concerned about a t/o at this stage. And there is a LOT of exploration upside in this belt as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TIE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.