DDH 0.00% 84.0¢ ddh1 limited

First time poster here but feel I can add extra colour as I was...

1. 1 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    First time poster here but feel I can add extra colour as I was on the call as well. Mgmt was shy/couldn't provide Jan/Feb utilisation rates but provided commentary below:

- One investor put it to mgmt that how to read the Jan/Feb softness was to think revenue was flat v pcp but was 'significantly' down from mgmt expectations. Costs kept running so margins likely impacted here.
    - Mgmt said that the last two years have seen exploration teams from their clients eager to start digging early and so the last two Jan/Febs have possibly been running at abnormally higher utilisation rates.
    - January miss was more from bad weather in Qld, Feb miss was more delay in drilling programs
    - mgmt posited that after 2 years of lockdowns, clients are 'taking a breather' gor an extended break before they restart drilling. Timing is not a structural issue, mgmt still upbeat on drilling to take place.
    - January usually a soft month in terms of seasonality.

Also, buyback likely stopped as a result of blackout period... not so much because they knew about Jan/Feb weakness.

Cash conversion looked good as usual. Buyback roughly half completed so likely continues in 2H.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DDH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.