NTU 3.45% 3.0¢ northern minerals limited

re: Ann: Investor Presentation - Pathway to H... As a starting...

1. 630 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    re: Ann: Investor Presentation - Pathway to H... As a starting point assume that NTU figure of 10% REO to tails is correct and thus 90% is retained in concentrate. Based on your figure of 60% recovery by processor from concentrate the processor recovers around 50% of the original material.

This concentrate can be used as a "sweetener" to the process and provides the processor with a strategic fit if the processor is producing mainly light REOs. Thus I assume that the processor will pay say 60% of the recovered metal to give a price of 30% of in situ content. This converts to $100/kg.

Based on a cut-off of 0.2% I estimate that a conservative mined grade is 0.4% or 4 kgs/tonne mined. The value of each tonne to NTU is $400.

Bulk mining for NTU from surface with a simple low capital cost plant - well they mine 1% copper, crush it, float it to produce a concentrate and then refine it to copper metal all for $45/tonne in situ value so NTU operation cannot be much higher than that cost.

It seems to me that NTU makes $300/tonne mined. At 0.4% to produce 3,000 tonnes product NTU mines 750,000 tonnes which produces an operating profit of over $200 million.

Some matters to be better defined - particularly Dy recovery and JORC estimates but the project has excellent margins to absorb some deviations from the above conjecture.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.