GMD 1.46% $1.91 genesis minerals limited

Ann: Investor Presentation - RRS Gold Coast June 4 to 5, page-3

1. 624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    There's currently a major disconnect between the AUD gold price and Australian based gold explorer/developers, to put it in context, you only have to look at stock charts back in 2011 and see what some of these companies were trading at the last time we made a new high in the AUD gold price. We have now surpassed the previous high and yet almost all explorer/developers are trading at huge discounts,its not only GMD that is lagging.
    I put it down to 3 things,
    Firstly, A lot of Australian retail investors focus on the USD gold price, even though AUS based companies have revenue and expenses priced in the AUD.
    Secondly, I think a lot of investors are expecting the AUD gold price to pull back. With the AUD looking weak, any pull back will be shallow IMO, even if we go back to $1800/oz, operating margins are still very attractive, it was only last Dec everyone was cheering we broke through the $1800 level.
    Thirdly, the recent performance of emerging producers has muddied the waters, and has created a lot of doubt in the minds of investors.
    Management is Key, not all are equally competent.

When you take into account those 3 factors I think there is still excellent value to be found in the sector, when will the market wake up?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.91
Change
0.028(1.46%)
Mkt cap ! $2.109B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.91 $1.91 $1.90 $424.3K 222.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 6814 $1.91

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.91 7193 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.11am 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.