MEA 0.00% 59.5¢ mcgrath limited

mrriesq i think you need to differentiate between the board...

1. 271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    mrriesq i think you need to differentiate between the board voting to support the deal vs electing to take shares in RollCo. how i read the situation is the board will vote their 48% in favour of the deal but only john has confirmed he will elect to receive RollCo shares rather than sell at 60c+allowed div

Extract from the deed summary presentation says the following:

John McGrath intends to elect to receive the unlisted scrip alternative for all his McGrath shares, retaining a 23.3% exposure in McGrath, subject
    to the below Board Recommendation qualifications(3)
    • John McGrath will continue in his role as CEO & Managing Director, supported by his management team, upon implementation of the Scheme
    • Knight Frank and Bayleys expected to jointly own between 65.0% and 76.7% of McGrath post transaction

so it looks like if only john holds on to his 23.3% then the new shareholders will have 76.7% max and depending on who sells it may drop to 65% which suggests Smollen and a few other shareholders have indicated they are not yet sure if they will sell or hold. From this i also read that aqualand will vote in favour and exit (which has been rumored for some time that they wanted out).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.