DDR 0.56% $8.90 dicker data limited

Ann: Investor Presentation, page-57

1. 3,602 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 479
    Err, I'm not sure that's entirely accurate

You need to be on the register as at the Record Date - see here:
    http://www.investopedia.com/articles/02/110802.asp

Date of Record: This is the date on which the company looks at its records to see who the shareholders of the company are. An investor must be listed as a holder of record to ensure the right of a dividend payout.

The Ex-Date is the date at which you can buy on market and get onto the register in time for the record date (Trade Date - 2). Definition below

Ex-date or Ex-dividend date - On (or after) this date the security trades without its dividend. If you buy a dividend paying stock one day before the ex-dividend you will still get the dividend, but if you buy on the ex-dividend date, you won't get the dividend. Conversely, if you want to sell a stock and still receive a dividend that has been declared you need to sell on (or after) the ex-dividend day. The ex-date is the second business day before the date of record.

------------

With that knowledge, so long as you're on the register on or before the Record Date, you will get the dividend.

Reviewing the facts:
    Record date - Tuesday, September 1, 2015
    SPP Allotment Date - Monday, August 31, 2015

From my point of view, I believe those who participated in the SPP will get the dividend.

Happy to be shown where I've gone wrong in the above.

Last edited by Klogg: 26/08/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DDR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.