DDR 0.56% $8.90 dicker data limited

Err, I'm not sure that's entirely accurate You need to be on the...

1. 3,602 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 479
    Err, I'm not sure that's entirely accurate

You need to be on the register as at the Record Date - see here:
    http://www.investopedia.com/articles/02/110802.asp

Date of Record: This is the date on which the company looks at its records to see who the shareholders of the company are. An investor must be listed as a holder of record to ensure the right of a dividend payout.

The Ex-Date is the date at which you can buy on market and get onto the register in time for the record date (Trade Date - 2). Definition below

Ex-date or Ex-dividend date - On (or after) this date the security trades without its dividend. If you buy a dividend paying stock one day before the ex-dividend you will still get the dividend, but if you buy on the ex-dividend date, you won't get the dividend. Conversely, if you want to sell a stock and still receive a dividend that has been declared you need to sell on (or after) the ex-dividend day. The ex-date is the second business day before the date of record.

------------

With that knowledge, so long as you're on the register on or before the Record Date, you will get the dividend.

Reviewing the facts:
    Record date - Tuesday, September 1, 2015
    SPP Allotment Date - Monday, August 31, 2015

From my point of view, I believe those who participated in the SPP will get the dividend.

Happy to be shown where I've gone wrong in the above.

Last edited by Klogg: 26/08/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DDR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.90
Change
-0.050(0.56%)
Mkt cap ! $1.606B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.95 $9.05 $8.90 $3.282M 366.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 5343 $8.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.00 129732 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DDR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.