POK 0.00% 20.0¢ potash minerals limited

Ann: Investor Presentation, page-137

1. 887 Posts.
    Recently spoke with POK Chairman Ananda Kathiravelu, and Buddy CEO Dave McLauchlan in 2 separate calls.

Ananda didn't give me much, suffice to say, (my words); he is impressed with Dave and the Buddy team and was excited about the future.

I was pleasantly surprised to speak to Dave on Saturday, considering how busy he is (in fact he was in a transit lounge in Hong Kong). Dave was able to give a little more info', but was at pains to say, once the relisting takes place, he'll be able to share more freely.

The below is from that conversation:

- The indicative timeline is reasonable and he’s comfortable with the timeline, but reminded me that it is indicative only;
    - His main priorities are to get the deal done then the relisting, while continuing to grow the business;
    - He and Ananda Kathiravelu (POK Chairman) get on really well, he may have used the words "like a house on fire" (Ananda has been twice over to the US for Buddy. Also if Adelaide meets Fremantle in the AFL grand final, they’re joking about doing something since they’re each Adelaide/Freo fans);

- Question: Regarding Habib Heydarian (Buddy VP Product/Engineering), what's his relationship with Microsoft, I see he's still recently active there?
    Dave's Answer: 8 weeks ago Habib went full-time at Buddy, Dave has known Habib a very long time and worked with him back in 2000 at Microsoft;
    - It may have been after the last question I asked:
    With only 3 lines of code needed, what sort of future programming is required?
    Answer: He gave a big response to this, some of which the tech' stuff was above my head, but some of the things I got from it was: (paraphrasing), keep the Buddy Platform innovative, customer customization, scalability, and the IoT space is moving so quickly they need to keep ahead of the game.

- He also mentioned a VC (one of backers?) had equated the Buddy Platform to a Wall St high frequency trading platform. This ties in with this quote from Dave's email of last week:

But what I would leave you with is that in order to compete in this space, there are two problem axes that solutions need to address – the volume of IoT data, yes, but also the velocity. Building a system that can accommodate not just large volumes of data, but large velocities of data is key to success in this space, and that’s what we’ve built at Buddy.

- He played the conversation with a very straight bat (as he should);
    - Though Buddy is listed here in OZ, billing is in US Dollars, with the OZ dollar the way it is, an advantage to Buddy;
    - Office “quite close" to opening here in OZ (have hired first programmer for that);
    - Publicity wise, his hands are tied until Buddy takes control
    (he then pointed out he has embraced social media for a long time, in fact in the early days when he was at Microsoft - it nearly got him fired "3 or 4 times").

Not much more I can contribute.
    Cheers guys

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.