SHE 0.00% 0.9¢ stonehorse energy limited

Lucky and Sharks and all late arrivals to SHE, there are lot of...

1. 840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 296
    Lucky and Sharks and all late arrivals to SHE, there are lot of very smart people Holding SHE on this site; much smarter than me but here is my tuppence worth (old money for 2 cents)
    First up, Lucky you have assumed the array will be like your dream stink boat, ridged. However the array of buoys is not welded together like a loser’s argument, it is free to float to accumulate the six degrees of wave motion. Mock it, but it is subject to Patents.
    Second, each unit is exactly that, one unit in say a 50 unit array. If a unit requires maintenance it can be unplugged and towed to shore while the other 49 bob on.
    And here are some points you have missed, possibly, by not fully researching the last 12 months or so of company announcements.

1. A buoy can be deployed or retrieved by a 14 foot tinny (4 metres in the old money). So if one buoy goes down it can be retrieved by a couple guys with a small dingy, taken to shore and repaired.
    2. It is not a complex device, in simple terms it can be repaired by islander handymen with a 14 foot tinny and some simple hand tools.
    3. Island communities are currently paying a lot for their diesel generated power. If we compare our average income to theirs the difference is goat choking.
    4. Now we have a local community with a couple of 14 foot tinnies maintaining the buoys, with a very high incentive to do so. So let’s say they have a 100 array of buoys and each week they go and unplug one buoy, bring it ashore, check out the mechanics, grease the wheels and then de-fouled it. Next week they do number two. It is fairly simple process, after two years each buoy has been maintained.
    5. “Each buoy has been maintained” in a routine maintenance schedule by a highly motivated community group.
    6. The Protean device, as reported in one of the many announcements you may not have read, is capped at 1.5 kw output. This cap does two things, purely in my opinion only; it facilitates a routine maintenance schedule – one unit removed from an array is a fairly small inconvenience compared to the standard wave energy conversion offering that seem to believe big is better and big is invincible. (If a large unit needs maintenance the whole output goes doggy do da). Plus a cap facilitates the management of the total power consumption of a local community. Or, in simple words, the community cannot base their power consumption on the peak outputs of the array.
    Now Sharks, if you go back a few months and read the company’s announcements you will, find in an announcement on 3 Sept 2014 some really good stuff. Check out page 18. Page 13 also explains, in layman’s terms the ‘six degrees of movement' in wave movement.
    I like informed discussion but anyone who just wants to troll, go and do it in some swamp.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.159M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 1363120 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 28150 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.