SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

Sorry Dyslexic me didn't spot that one @Art V Andalay Possibly a...

1. 5,038 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 454
    Sorry Dyslexic me didn't spot that one @Art V Andalay

Possibly a typo, given page 15 is shown as page 5 as well ! so maybe IR were in a rush to get it out?

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyway here's something for people to consider

Go back to the AT&T presentation and listen to the bit from 18:45 to 19:30

He talks about "cross carrier" be it wireless or internet interacting with the platform. It has to be the CSP.

If you doubt it go back to what Rahul says in the Q&A  here are @Chad3110 notes on it

Q: Couldn’t a big telco create the same apps that you’ve developed?

A: Every time somebody says dataflex and freeway are apps, I take ? - they are far more than just apps – they are the full blown end to end solution powered by the same underlying connected services platform. What we have done as a company, spent of the last few years developing a robust carrier grade scalable network, complete with tools for managing our operations and usage of sites, in addition to the apps, freeway & dataflex experience to the user. When you see freeway there is a whole engine running behind it and very wide and compelling, ranging from the offers, content providers and consumers. As far as the mobile carriers are concerned, they have never really been known to develop customer facing software solutions. I’ve seen them do 3 things well – customer support mostly, ? corporates & billing.

In some operations they have tried to develop in house sponsored data solutions, which is great, Verizon & AT&T have tried to do that as well, but their solution was very network centric and requires significant modifications to existing applications of back end servers to accommodate what we even use as a solution and I wouldn’t expect any more from these carriers, so as a desire to end this friction, most of these operators developments have clearly not succeeded. On the other hand, SYT have developed a consumer friendly content first platform, which requires no change to existing applications and eliminates all friction for adoption, which means zero changes for application developers if they want to participate in sponsored data. I would say the other key value we have that cannot be approached by a mobile carrier, is that we are cross carrier. There is actual aversion by the app developers to adapt their products to a single carrier and their product is not scalable. They would have 1 API, and second API and a third API, it’s very hard to explain to their user base. Instead what we offer is you integrate freeway once, and you get access to the growing carriers that freeway supports without requiring any updates to their app in the future. It's future ready. That’s a huge differentiation. As far as dataflex and mobile split billing goes, carriers have been dabbling but really cannot compete in this space because a successful BYOD solution in a workspace, is literally bring your own carrier. Therefore we need to support all the carriers, and not just a single carrier; so again, we really don’t see carriers getting into the BYOD space. (Gary – we see a carrier as a partner than competitor in both our products).

If you believe both of the above are true then AT&T are using the white label version of the product, but Syntonic are probably not permitted to say so currently.

Syntonic are the enabler of multi carrier OTT services.

LOTM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.