MRP 0.00% 6.1¢ macphersons resources limited

Ann: Investor Presentation, page-15

1. 26 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Of course! Width x length x depth (dip extent), all in metres will give you a volume.

To get tonnes, you multiply the volume by the density or "specific gravity" (SG) of the rock (tonnes per cubic metre). Dolerite with a bit of quartz in it might have SG about 2.8 - there are tables of SG measurements for average rock types around, if you ever need to look it up. Most fresh rock Yilgarn Au deposits will be between 2.5 and 3.0. The importance of getting SG right is well illustrated by BCN recent announcement where they "lost" 1/3 of their Au by simply using an incorrect SG (I think they used wet samples to estimate originally...and water doesn't contain any Au!).

Now you have tonnes. Multiply that by estimated "grams per tonne" Au and you have "grams of Au". That gets divided by the magic number of 31 to give you the number of ounces - there are ~31 grams in an ounce.

Have a go at redoing my calculations! If you really want your eyes to water, multiply the ounces by the "per ounce" Au price to see the contained metal value....but remember the cost of mining, milling etc needs to be taken into account if you are trying to figure out what it's actually "worth". On average, good miners might recover Au for ~$1000/oz - typical quoted all-in-sustaining-cost (AISC) you might see quoted...

All very rough, back of the envelope stuff, but a fun way to figure out a ballpark figure of what may actually be there, and what it might be worth. Fun for me, anyway - maybe not everyone, haha.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.