CPV 0.00% 44.5¢ clearvue technologies limited

Ann: Investor Presentation, page-28

1. 46 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Yes I agree that in a high rise project glass will have a large surface area and generate more power. But how are we going to hook them up:
    1. Via batteries to control blinds, tint, etc
    2. Power back to the grid of the building

From my understanding you can only do one or the other - not both

A solar panel generates what? My back of the envelope calculations would be 1kWh per day.
    Therefore you need 10 times the surface area for Clearview Glass on a vertical wall vs a solar panel on a roof to get the same power generated.
    And remember that the 0.1kWh is for 'north' facing windows, east/west I assume would be less and the south facing probably 0. They mention in the investor presentation trying to improve performance by about 60% but even then, it would still be 0.16kWh so it might get down to 6.25x the surface area.

Someone with better knowledge in the area would be able to do the maths better than me I am sure and these are real rough calculations.

Then you take cost into account if you are going to put the power back into the grid and you are dealing with a huge amount given the surface area (which is a benefit for harnessing power from the sun but negative when you consider putting everything together such as wiring, labour to install, price of materials, etc). Not to mention that politically and commercially they struggle to fund cost effective projects which have demonstrated and guaranteed ROI over time.

I really want this product to work and the maths to work, but even for me who likes the product, I cant see anyone going for it at a large scale. They will continue to burn through cash if they keep going for the home run. Get some small projects on the board and some runs, get some revenue going even if its skylights, bus shelters, etc to hopefully reach break even, and then if they can improve the performance of their technology go for the large projects.

Note this is just my opinion, I am not an expert in this field this is purely a lay persons view who initially believed in this product until I started to look into the finer details. Wish all holders good luck, I will be watching the story unfold, but believe it will be 5-10 years before we see any progress if management dont change their strategy.

Good to see some green for the holders today, I hope it can be sustained.
    Last edited by sam83: 07/11/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CPV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
44.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $108.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.0¢ 45.5¢ 44.0¢ $39.27K 87.30K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 82926 44.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
46.0¢ 25000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CPV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.