ASM 11.0% 61.0¢ australian strategic materials limited

Funny how an investor presentation tends to drag the crazies in....

1. 1,454 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 693
    Funny how an investor presentation tends to drag the crazies in. Nimbuts has been here before extolling how the ASM price is way overvalued and anyone in it hasn't done their research. He/she obviously still doesn't know the benefits of researching the potential future of this soon to be Australian mining and manufacturing behemoth. Here's a gem from an earlier post just after ASM floated and the price was hovering around $1.27 after earlier being in the $1.50's...
    ."And the price has now fallen 13c today, surely that has got to tell you something Timeto !!!!!The initial rush by the converted and uninformed is now over, and people are now wondering what they have bought into.When all the other RE companies with the exception of LYC (and it took them 12Years to get there) have an av. SP of about .154 as of today!!!!I am not down ramping but waiting for the SP to come back to something sensible when I will probably buy in."

Personally, this preso appears to be a very clever way to get some quite pertinent info out to market. The fact that it's not marked as 'price sensitive' is interesting...We now know the Dubbo plant optimisation is due for release in the next 3-4 weeks (if not sooner, given that it's still marked as on time and budget for Q1), which in itself should help finalise metal offtakes and a strategic partner for Dubbo. IMV, a strategic partner for Dubbo will be a major catalyst for ASM because that's where the market currently see's ASM - as a mining coy! Once they tick off a strategic partner for the $500m - $700m (my guesstimate) to get the mine started, any news on the metal manufacturing can just build from there!!

Again, in my view, I would welcome any CR, as long as SH's are factored in. From the recent qrtly, they still have $12.4m in the kitty, but I'd like to see them increase their cash holdings, if only to put ASM in a position of strength for upcoming negotiations with potential strategic partners. At SOI of approx. 120m they have plenty of room to move to achieve such a position. And before the crazies come back and carry on about ASM not being able to fund Dubbo, we obviously don't expect ASM to have to raise all the cash themselves to get Dubbo ticking along, that heavy lifting will be done by offtakes and partners. But a CR (rights issue hopefully) at $5 will certainly put a fair dent in it!!

And to think $1.27 was too high a price to pay for someone some months ago..... Will be waiting to get a better price than what it is now, in the very near term, I believe...

J22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
61.0¢
Change
-0.075(11.0%)
Mkt cap ! $110.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
69.5¢ 69.5¢ 60.5¢ $558.3K 888.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 42245 61.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
62.5¢ 9026 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.