JLG 1.62% $5.48 johns lyng group limited

Much of the information has previously been released, though not...

1. 10,599 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1396
    Much of the information has previously been released, though not necessarily concurrently.

The exciting comments include on pages 7 and 11 about how JLG is exploring 'potential bolt-on acquisitions'.

You may ask 'why is that interesting: don't all companies worth their salt have a mergers and acquisitions committee?'

They may well, but JLG has what seems to me as an outsider an excellent model where it takes over an accretive business but seeks to continue to involve the founder, and give them JLG shares as part consideration. One would hope this motivates these individuals. I've forgotten if there's typically an escrow period.

The other comment that's noteworthy is on page 11 where JLG says it hasn't accounted for work from the recent bad Queensland and NSW floods, or some other works. This isn't unexpected as remediation is extremely complex and requires much labour (and presumably very large quantities of building materials). Even the process of insurers having assessors as 'boots on the ground' must come with immense challenges: for a start, finding them overnight accommodation could well be problematic, and many roads must have been badly damaged so travel to some properties/residences may not be a piece of cake.

JLG is trading at an extremely high PE ratio of 94.9 at COB on 29 April 2022 but 'Mr Market' must expect earnings to rise.

I am no expert - far from it - but my guess is JLG may have some pricing power, so "perhaps" inflation isn't the worry it might be for some consumer good businesses that by and large lack this. Please take my comment with a grain of salt and DYOR.
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 29/04/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.48
Change
-0.090(1.62%)
Mkt cap ! $1.526B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.68 $5.68 $5.45 $2.340M 422.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 7866 $5.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.50 2825 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
JLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.