PTB 0.00% $1.60 ptb group limited

I must say the presentation had me confused as to why they would...

1. 5,641 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 541
    I must say the presentation had me confused as to why they would sell this when things seem to be going so well.

Then I saw the Annual report and read this:

"The Board has long held a view that the market has not adequately reflected the continued strength of PTB Group’s operational and financial performance in the share price. In order to address this, the Board commissioned a strategic review to consider options to realise this value for shareholders."

I was a bit shocked because if you look at slides particularly slide 2 then you think this is really on a growth path. Yet directors think that 50 cents will be full value. I think companies this size are always not trading at full value. So really is that all the pathway would deliver. Now the directors are not waiting for the 3c fully franked dividend and are happy to take 2 c less that the offer as well.

Am I missing something? Certainly it has been a bit of a shock. Whilst I think this is a fair price I thought that the future opportunities held more value. Why is there such a rush to lock in the value as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.