CMG 0.00% 16.0¢ critical minerals group limited

FMD ... crickets!!!I first got a taste of the potential of...

1. 4,338 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2629
    FMD ... crickets!!!

I first got a taste of the potential of lithium probably 15 years ago when I started tracking a two bob operation out of Brissie called Orocobre which was mucking around in the highlands of Argentina. Many years later and many frustrations and disappointments later lithium stocks have become a key part of my investment holdings, with interests in projects in WA, Argentina, Canada and Brazil. And lithium production has moved from a cottage industry into a mainstream sector. I see clear similarities between lithium of 2008 and vanadium of 2023 and the likely trajectory of the vanadium sector.

One difference between harvesting brine in Argentina back in the days and extracting vanadium in north Qld now is authorities have had a sighter of what needs to happen for these industries to mature. I think it is an enormous benefit that Australian authorities, both state and federal, are being pro-active about developing a vanadium industry and that authorities in Europe and the US, as well as Asia, are not sitting on their hands and giving first mover advantage to China as they did with lithium.

Here is a version of the current company presentation that the MD, Scott Winter, gave to shareholders. With 31 watches of the clip so far it is more evidence that local punters, who have been so gung-ho about lithium for yonks, have got a blindspot when it comes to opportunities in north Qld (I sense the same punter lethargy with regards copper prospects in nth Qld as well - folks, not all the hot mining prospects are in WA!).

https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=3BkDf7Twkv4 (remove the space between "you" and "tube" to get the link to work)

Also FWIW, I think SW is an excellent presenter. My worry with CritMin was that they were in snooze mode but, as SW showed in the presentation, clearly they are not. I encourage SW to get more exposure on the business channels and conference circuit as he has a good story to tell and he tells it well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.