EOS 1.16% $1.28 electro optic systems holdings limited

"I hadn't read your post but I asked about this in the call and...

1. 350 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    "I hadn't read your post but I asked about this in the call and Andreas said that discussions were continuing with Hanwha"

So you're J. Hughes from ****** Holdings and you specifically asked the question in relation to this recent article;

Controversial Israeli weapons company awarded $917 million Australian army contract - ABC News

Funny, I read the same article last night. It's great that you congratulated the team on another loss making year. Now let's get this straight, if you employ a team to undergo a strategic review and they say - STOP SPACELINK, then it's pretty obvious that it will immediately stem the bleeding.
    So Andreas is adamant that they're in negotiations with Hanwha;

"Originally Hanwha had partnered with Canberra-based defence company Electro Optic Systems (EOS) to produce a high-tech turret for its IFV, but the arrangement was broken off in favour of a joint venture struck with Elbit Systems in June 2022."

In fairness to the CEO Andreas Schwer, when I look at the statement above, it becomes increasingly clearer that the former CEO (and CFO) had to go. It's now no surprise that he had no other option. A contract worth almost $1b and no second prizes for guessing who ballsed it up and sent the company to the wall in the process. July 2022 only one month later, the new CEO was appointed. Coincidence?

Now back to my bug bear of the Ukraine "conditional contracts". In between Andreas clearing his throat whilst attempting to speak at the same time which was almost unlistenable, he again after nearly one year stated that "things were complicated". Yet, he freely bandies around the fact EOS have tailwinds due to the current geopolitical climate which have been present since well before Covid. They haven't even been able to do a "live demonstration" (as Andreas put it) in Ukraine itself...nearly one year on. He also said that dealings with France was also "complicated".

The true star of this show is clearly EM solutions. The rest just seems, well...complicated. However, I do hope that EOS sign something with Hanwha. If that's the case, you should send a letter on behalf of the company who you represent (****** Holdings) asking the ABC to retract their literature.

Another loss making year, just not as significant as the previous year. Alarm bells still ringing that the company are unable to find anyone willing to partner with them. Why's that I hear you ask?

I'm kicking myself and actually chuckling at this speccie rise. It's taken me right back to 2019. I hope it continues. I only hold 5000 shares and I can't even tell my wife. She hates EOS and I can see why that is, on so many different levels. Dealing in arms, dirty wars, the middle east as their "go to" clientele and she understands that ultimately, EOS are a contractor. A Government contractor at that. Totally at the mercy of politics and policy (see my 'bug bear' comment).

Cap raise well and truly on the cards. You can take the former CEO out of EOS, but you can't take EOS out the continued equity raising cycle.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EOS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.28
Change
-0.015(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $246.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.30 $1.32 $1.28 $401.5K 310.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 88 $1.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.29 4023 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.28
  Change
-0.015 ( 0.97 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.30 $1.32 $1.28 22791
Last updated 15.59pm 06/06/2024 ?
EOS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.