SGQ 5.56% 1.7¢ st george mining limited

I was a holder of CDU during the beginning phase of the mine...

1. 8,681 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7617
    I was a holder of CDU during the beginning phase of the mine build, went to the AGM in Cloncurry, sat next to one of the directors on the way home on the plane, so questioned him mercilessly...
    I bailed on CDU with a small loss when I worked out they were telling porkies about the machinery readiness. On the mine tour they had equipment all lined up in place for first production, including an ore sorter that was going to grab XYZ tonnes of native copper every day, starting in about 2 weeks time.. Everything was ready shareholders were assured.. That was late November..
    End of January the following year, they had photos of all the machinery lined up ready for production, in the quarterly announcement, but were not quite ready. I noticed the ore-sorter that was going to make squillions from the native copper was in a completely different location, put aside for a reason not explained and out of position to do what they were still claiming it was going to do!!
    I rang the company and was basically fobbed off by whichever director I was able to talk to, with a totally different explanation to what shareholders were told at the AGM and reinforced in the quarterly. Nothing was adding up, so I bailed fairly quickly. I was lucky and walked away with only a small loss from that one.

For those that don't know, the company CDU, was talking up their operation right up to the day receivers were called in, with about 6 constant, positive, ramping posters, the entire time on HC, always singing the praises of management and the company. Not surprisingly, the day the company was placed into receivership and directors and management stopped being paid, was the last day any of those really positive posters on HC posted, on anything, not just CDU. The ratio of their CDU posts to other company posts was very similar to the ratio of Maureen22's postings of JPs companies to other companies...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
-0.001(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $16.80M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.7¢ 1.8¢ 1.7¢ $952 55.66K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 1.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.8¢ 109490 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.38am 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.7¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 5.56 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.8¢ 1.8¢ 1.7¢ 151836
Last updated 10.38am 02/05/2024 ?
SGQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.