CYP 1.89% 27.0¢ cynata therapeutics limited

Sadly, that's about as much "education" you get from a premium...

1. 1,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3868
    Sadly, that's about as much "education" you get from a premium Tipranks subscription.

Of course, whilst Sherlock Hawks70 snubs a free open access publication published at nature (anyone can send an article in to get published as long as you pay for it to get published...), peasants like us appreciate freebies, especially if provided by Pittenger (and Caplan) et al:

"Mesenchymal stem cell perspective: cell biology to clinical progress:

[...]

Despite extensive efforts to characterize MSCs, these remain, fundamentally, a product of their extended cell culture conditions. They originate from tissue but are they “real” stem cells in vivo? Does the tissue dissociation, adhesion to tissue culture plastic and growth in serum-supplemented medium isolate and drive the sustained proliferation of a rare, elusive tissue-residing progenitor cell(s), or is it that our tissue culture acumen has produced a valuable “artifact” of the process?

[...]

Given this complexity, it has become apparent to many researchers that the MSCs used for therapy must be carefully produced and properly “tuned” for the intended therapy. The tuned MSCs should be optimized for the required medicinal response and for the patients’ capacity to respond, as best this is understood. For example, currently, a single production method may be used to produce doses of MSCs administered for treatment of conditions as diverse as graft-versus-host disease, acute myocardial infarct or lung injury. Clearly, the same MSC production process is not optimized (i.e., tuned) to provide the “best” therapeutic benefit for very different clinical indications. Therefore, while the MSC field has often adopted a reliance on the MSCs “knowing what to do”, today a more sophisticated approach is needed to enhance the cell production, delivery and efficacy of MSC-based therapies.

[...]

The MSC process is the MSC product
    How can the MSC in vitro expansion process be refined to produce the best therapeutic MSCs in large amounts in a reproducible and reliable manner? For MSCs, the “process is the product” refers to the quality by design concept that all critical sources of variability are identified and explained, and the product quality attributes can be accurately and reliably predicted over the design space established for the materials used, the process parameters, the manufacturing environment and any other pertinent conditions. When the process is accurate and followed precisely, the product will be the same each time.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41536-019-0083-6

The article discusses unregulated stem cell clinics, which has been the subject to of some heated discussions this week. Funnily enough, it was also Mr Tipranks that has been promoting such clinics and sharing the "success stories."

I read on this thread here that a proven manufacturing process is the goal, with emphasis on "process." I probably read it as I was typing it a few times over the past few years (sorry @Pledge, I stole your punch line, but it is too funny to not he recycled now and then).

But then again, the article is free, therefore cannot be compared with the likes of Tipranks.

So let's use a patent. Patents cost money (application, renewal etc.), right?

"CELL CULTURE METHOD FOR MESENCHYMAL STEM CELLS
    Mar 21, 2023 - Mesoblast International Sarl

[...]

As will be appreciated by those of skill in the art, cultured mesenchymal lineage precursor or stem cells are phenotypically different to cells in-vivo. For example, in one embodiment they express one or more of the following markers, CD44, NG2, DC146 and CD140b. Cultured mesenchymal lineage precursor or stem cells are also biologically different to cells in-vivo, having a higher rate of proliferation compared to the largely non-cycling (quiescent) cells in-vivo."
    https://patents.justia.com/patent/20240191200

Different? Cultured cells are different to cells in-vivo? But... naturally different...

A bone marrow donation yields what, depending on the age and general health of the donor around 20,000, maybe 30,000?
    During ODAC, we were told that one donation can produce therapies to treat around 400 patients. MSB's trial used "dosed at 2 × 1,000,000 cells/kg twice weekly for 4 weeks. I'm sure an expansion process of these sorts is completely natural, producing a natural product.
    And Dolly the sheep was the natural product of faulty condom.
    Last edited by pfeifer1982: 22/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.0¢
Change
0.005(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $48.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.0¢ 27.0¢ 27.0¢ $4 13

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 18895 26.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.5¢ 5700 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.43pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CYP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.