SEQ 1.04% 48.5¢ sequoia financial group ltd

Ann: Investor Update, page-33

1. 57 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Some of the commentary on here is way beyond what would be considered normal. In fact I find it highly fishy

In over 25 years of trading stocks, when I didn't like management or was unhappy with the company or was losing money I would simply sell the stock.

Some else is happening here. Posters who say they hold no stock and have no sentiment on it begin posting and repeatedly attempt to assassinate the character of the CEO, Directors and their performance with childish and personal commentary.

A poorly performed fund manager that from his own filings has only owned the stock for a month or two is party to a 249D application to remove two Directors and put his own nominated Directors on there.

Virtually everyone that owns this stock has made money - yes the stock has traded higher and there would be some out of pocket. But the commentary is highly vitriolic and in some cases borderline/arguably defamatory.

It reeks of bitter ex-employees OR an opportunistic bid to gain control of a cash rich company.

Yet the 5% crew have not said what they would do differently, how they would improve the company, what businesses they would jettison and/or what would happen to staff and other shareholders.

It is highly disruptive to a business that from this week's update looks to performing very well. $3m of EBIT in the 3rd quarter is a strong result.

Has the company made missteps? Yes of course it has. Should the share price be higher? Well I certainly think so. But it doesn't warrant the barrage of vitriol that is being bandied around here.

Strange days indeed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.5¢
Change
0.005(1.04%)
Mkt cap ! $63.69M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.0¢ 48.5¢ 48.0¢ $9.012K 18.70K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17530 48.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.5¢ 123876 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.03pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SEQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.