SEQ 2.06% 47.5¢ sequoia financial group ltd

As I understand it its revenue per planner that drives profit. I...

1. 5,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 541
    As I understand it its revenue per planner that drives profit. I have never seen GC quote any performance levels of planners. It becomes crucial when you have inhouse paid planners vs independents who just belong to your group AFSL. Even more important if you are buying Books as you are paying for an income that you didn't have - its not organic growth.

I must admit that this shocked me: - the comparison is selective in my opinion - 2018 they made $2.6million after tax. Well lets use 2019 when we washed all our dirty linen in public. I always love the presentations it is always the place where you see how much a team wants to give colour to the business. We all hate losses so they put this line in:

"Total above the line abnormal items across FY2019 $2,105,766" Well if you claim that the business made a loss in 2019 of $1,158,541 then the abnormal items excluded meant you made a profit. Then there is the small factor that in 2018 you made $2,6 million after tax.

My views are simple - If a major shareholder ( I exclude GC in that although having gone back to the old financial statements of GC1 they held shares even in 2019.) I would assume that the Jones family who were as I understand it co shareholders in Interprac way before it merged in SEQ - they must have valid reasons for their unhappiness.

Then there is this new transition to a new CEO - why would this be necessary :

"If shareholders vote to retain both Garry Crole and Kevin Pattison’s services, we will put in place a new contract that Garry has agreed to that will see him handover the CEO role, with an orderly succession process, no later than June 2026. The new contract will also have KPIs around improving shareholder communication and focusing on underperforming business units."

This is most strange if these upstarts are wrong why is the defense team offering to transition to a new CEO? Why is a transition necessary?

I think Brook would be a great addition to the board. Maybe someone should ask if he will join the board without any changes?

So who acquired *********? How did it get into this fight. How come I thought SEQ could not have many claims as the systems were very good. How many of these investments have delivered positive results. As it stands the market cap is $69 million with $17 million in cash thus the rest is worth $52 million and I don't think the 20% in Morrisons will be paying out dividends if they are growing it. Is the rest the balance of the market cap good value...

My only reason for posting this is that I was very supportive of management in earlier posts and finally reached my level of discomfort that meant we exited.

These are a reflection of my opinion. I no longer hold because we lost faith in management.

All the supporters will now be happy as I feel I have said enough - its over to those who still have a vested interest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.5¢
Change
-0.010(2.06%)
Mkt cap ! $62.38M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.0¢ 48.0¢ 47.5¢ $129.4K 272.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 23000 47.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.5¢ 128876 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.41pm 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
48.0¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
48.0¢ 48.0¢ 48.0¢ 3765
Last updated 11.24am 17/06/2024 ?
SEQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.