TPD 0.00% 21.0¢ talon energy ltd

My understanding of Walyering progress based on comments from...

1. 204 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    My understanding of Walyering progress based on comments from Stuart and Colby:

1. Piping and mechanical installation and construction verification was complete - though one would normally expect some ongoing punchlisting.
    2. Electrical and instrument installation is nearing completion. Unclear if this includes construction verification, but I doubt it.
    3. Targeting mechanical completion shortly - which one would assume to be in a week or two.

Mechanical completion is the milestone where all equipment is installed, installation checks completed, piping pressure tested, alignment checks completed, lubricants added, hazardous area equipment inspected and electrical systems tested without power.

Once mechanical completion is achieved, they will move into pre-commissioning. This will involve progressively energising the electrical systems, proving the battery charger systems, powering up and configuring the control systems, instrument calibration, loop testing all instrumentation and control circuits, bump testing motors, etc. Frequently this milestone is referred to as “Ready for Commissioning”. Subsystems will be run individually including running pumps with water etc. They will then run the subsystems together as a full system and test the emergency shutdown systems. These stages would normally take a couple of weeks for a plant this size, depending on the amount for factory testing previously completed.

Once the above steps are complete they will declare “Ready for Startup”. If they have all government approvals they can then introduce first gas, pressurise pipework and leak test. Flows will gradually ramp up as they prove operation of the separator and other process systems. As confidence in the operation builds the gas flow rates will be gradually ramped up until full flow rates are achieved. If construction verification, pre commissioning and commissioning are done properly this stage should run smoothly for a relatively simple plant like this.
    Last edited by Essa: 17/08/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.