ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,577 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1615
    As I understand from what has been said previously, this is the funding strategy of AAU...

For NS:
    - Negotiations ongoing with offtaker (I am 99% sure it is Trafigura) for pre-payment of offtake quantities. Vacinity of $25-30M. Would be interesting to know if terms are agreed now, pending this final bit of drilling to extend the project life a few years.
    - A smaller loan to cover the gap between the pre-payment and the cost to develop the project ($5M?)

For LD:
    - Work currently shelved to save costs. Hence the delay to deliver the DFS. Focus is on putting money in to NS. I wish they had done this much earlier and stopped spending on LD sooner - if they did, we would probably be well on the way to mining already rather than having spread our resources too thin.
    - AAU and Cuban government to give away a combined 50% interest to the new JV Partner in LD in late 2025. So AAU would retain 25%, as would the Cuban government.

I hope that this is the focus in the webinar... as I think financing is the subject investors are most interested in. I asked for a funding update as well as a status update for the sale of goods in the DR and timeline for reception of awarded funds from the arbitration.

I think they'll fill somewhere between $1.5-2M in this entitlement offer. See if it is enough to get them over the line with the pre-payment for NS development.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.