IVZ 1.61% 6.3¢ invictus energy ltd

Ann: Invictus Energy Shareholder Briefing, page-374

1. 58 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    One thing that's worth mentioning is that most modern natural gas power plants are what's known as "peaking" plants. Peaking plants tend to earn the most money per MWh because they are dispatchable meaning they can be turned on or off within seconds. From what I understand, power plants can be broadly broken down into three categories:

• Baseload: Provides a constant amount of power and have a long startup and shutdown time. Examples include nuclear and coal. Old natural gas power plants that are steam based also fall into this category.
    • Peaking: Can be brought online within seconds and turned on and off depending on the constantly fluctuating price of electricity. The primary example are turbine based natural gas power plants but I think hydro can also fall into this category but am not 100% sure on that. I think hydro is a weird mixture of all three (baseload, peaking, and variable if there's a water shortage). This tends to be the most valuable type of electricity.
    • Variable: Power plants whose generation is dependent upon some external factor and may not always generate electricity at full capacity. Examples include solar panels and wind turbines. This tends to be the least valuable type of electricity.

Electricity supply must match demand within seconds to avoid significant problems such as blackouts. That's why it's important to have a mixture of power sources as each has different advantages and disadvantages.

The reason I bring this up is that the electricity our partner's natural gas turbines produce will likely receive premium pricing in many circumstances in a deregulated electricity market (I believe Zimbabwe is deregulated so falls into this category).

Last edited by SneakyJonny: Wednesday, 06:43

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.3¢
Change
0.001(1.61%)
Mkt cap ! $89.32M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.2¢ 6.4¢ 6.0¢ $308.9K 5.008M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 160000 6.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.3¢ 147648 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IVZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.