4DS 1.22% 8.3¢ 4ds memory limited

Here’s my summary of info gleaned from the presentation and Q&A...

1. 625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 349
    Here’s my summary of info gleaned from the presentation and Q&A session.

PR campaign
    - commences mid May
    - a US campaign
    - targeted at increasing industry awareness, not retail investors
    - idea being that prospective partners will be given clear picture of achievements to date and given strong indication of what can be expected from PL5&6 such that, presuming success, 4DS can then come back to them
    - they feel that the company has enough data from PL4 to commence discussions with potential partners
    - Peter has worked with the PR company a few times before
    - will be engaging with well-known analysts and reporters
    - Peter has ~ 18 appointments lined up
    - website will be updated as part of campaign

PL5&6
    - PL5 due Q3, results likely late that quarter
    - PL6 due Q4, results may come late that quarter but may be early Q1 ‘25
    - PL5 looking to further improve performance
    - question was asked about what aspects are being focused on
    - Ting gave a meandering answer that can be summarised as “I won’t say”
    - PL6 should bring performance improvements, but unlikely that speed will be one of them
    - PL6 carries risks, but Ting feels that the technology is unlikely to have inherent issues preventing scaling to 20nm. If it fails it’s more likely due to a process problem that should be readily addressable with another iteration
    - if that is the case then potential partners should be able to take that into consideration and Ting feels that, as long as the fix appears achievable, that a failure of this nature would not be a major issue in terms of prospective partners’ interest
    - whilst the direct answer about whether successful scaling to 20nm is needed to progress to partnership/acquisition was dodged, it seemed to me that the implied answer was a yes

imec
    - they emphasised that you can’t just buy your way in
    - 4DS payments to imec represent a tiny percentage of imec’s cash inflow ie imec are not working with 4DS just for the money as the amount is essentially non-material to them
    - DM reiterated that imec have said they’ll make introductions to 5 major players if PL6 is successful
    - imec won’t give any quotes or written statements
    - they cannot possibly do so for all the companies that they are working with as it would be overwhelming and require a dedicated team just for that function and they cannot show favouritism to any particular company or else their position in the industry would be impacted

News flow
    - DM reiterated that the ASX is restrictive with what news they will allow to be announced
    - quarterly due next week

Prospective partners
    - various forms in which partnerships may take
    - unable to comment much beyond that at this stage, but it includes acquisition

So nothing ground breaking or unexpected, but good to iron out a few things.

Caps were available.
    The scallops were nice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.3¢
Change
0.001(1.22%)
Mkt cap ! $144.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 8.3¢ 8.2¢ $43.59K 530.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 343395 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.3¢ 388104 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.21pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.3¢
  Change
0.001 ( 1.22 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.2¢ 8.3¢ 8.2¢ 164216
Last updated 12.36pm 08/05/2024 ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.