IXR 0.00% 1.1¢ ionic rare earths limited

1. Long term the MOU is ok. I won't re-dwell on what I said in...

1. 9,098 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17694
    1. Long term the MOU is ok. I won't re-dwell on what I said in my posts above, and still stick to those. I see uptick, but not the wild swings from here now as I posted above.
    2. IXR's project is actually more of a quarrying operation in terms of extracting the resource at minesite as it is shallow and clay - not a typical mining project requiring blasting, open cut methods, going through rock etc etc. It is why mine costs (i.e not talking separation/processing costs) are low at the mining stage (but obviously separation/processing is where the costs are).
    3. @rainbowdaisy, it is the way you say things that may annoy some. I posted a while ago in the AVZ and LTR threads about FIRB and what it could mean given their approach in rejecting Chinese investment above 10% in AVZ and NTU at the time. I don't think it precludes Chinese investment of 9.9% for example. At the time I said I wonder if there would be payback as those rejections were on top of other things and it came home to roast with Oz government now not happy with the trade war enacted, hence why diversification of EV industry away from China also a key - it increases your selling diversification potential for miners/mineral sellers as such. But having said this one thing that did gall me at the time is that to get African nations out of poverty requires investment and economic devlopment, and if Europe/USA are not willing to provide it then the Oz government should not be stepping in (especially through FIRB) and especially for a project not located in Australia and the rejection criteria at that time been 'against the National interest' for AVZ. Which made me laugh at the time, especially given AVZ's project was not located in Australia and noting nothing stopping the Chinese taking a stake in Dathcom, which is a DRC entity, that actually is where the Manono project is vested in. But that is a discussion in the appropriate thread. Point is diversification of buyers/EV industry away from China IMO is good for the whole industry as stops the Chinese playing economic games in terms of their 'resource purchasing' might - just look at which industries payback has been sent back too in Oz where alternate supplies from other countries are avaiable (noting they haven't done anything to iron ore yet because they still need to find alterante suppliers to Australia before been able to flex their muscles there). There is nothing rascist in comments like these so not sure why you took another view - it is how economic might plays out. Japan use to flex its muscles in bygone days when they were Australia's predominant buyer of mineral commodities back in the 1980s and 1990s - it will be interesting how Japan restructures globalisation, given it is now asking its industries to move back to Japan and what that means for diversification of mineral supply. And Europe, slowly is awakening to developing its own industries in its own countries.
    4. All this TO talk for IXR too me is still short termers not wanting to see a long term picture. If it happens it happens, but IMO it should not be what should be driving a holders investment decisions here.

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IXR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $53.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.1¢ $2.145K 195K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
31 13479630 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 884091 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.04am 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IXR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.