MPO 0.00% 14.0¢ molopo energy limited

Found this info on another site, I leave it to you to judge its...

1. 151 Posts.
    Found this info on another site, I leave it to you to judge its usefulness:

dont see the Bakken as being critical to anything MPO does in the future. Basically they got a somewhat less than they paid for in their "bargain" purchase. They made the mistake of believing that the Bakken formation was uniform in its productivity and assumed without doing any homework that they were sitting on a sweet spot like others around them.

The tenements were "cheap" for a reason; and that was because they were rejected as marginal or useless by other companies actively buying up in the area. You only get what you pay for and MPO were like "manna sent from heaven" to the original speculators who bought the tenements for a song. These tenements appear to be essentily worthless, although there may be the odd pocket of viable oil- MPO hope so, and plan a seismic exploration program to find out.

Th Spearfish is critical to saving MPOs bacon in its foray into oil. So far results have been quite good, but the fact that they have called a halt to drilling more wells to "reassess the program" tells us that the latest wells drilled dont look too good. These wells are "awaiting completion", and could be for a while yet, so are not producing, but the drilling has been done. They must have enough information from these wells to indicate they are not likely to be viable...hence the halt on drilling.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.