NZO 0.00% 39.0¢ new zealand oil & gas limited

I should also add...What is mysterious to me about the current...

1. 604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123
    I should also add...

What is mysterious to me about the current low SP, is that more speculators have not bought in given the high reward in a success case versus the RELATIVELY LOW downside if there is no discovery.

Even if the SP was $1 right now, a success case could easily prove to be a 6 or 7 bagger. If there is no discovery, the SP would probably drop back down to 50c, in which case the company would probably have to consider liquidation and an in-specie distribution of Cue shares to NZO holders.

That would be worth more than 50c per share. So realistically, even at $1 the downside is less than 50% but the upside could 600% or 700%.

The last trade was 66c, and there have not been any sellers for a while on the ASX. Some volume would pick up again if the SP was around 80c. At 80c the risk-reward equation is even better.

It isn't a free lunch by any means right now (it pretty much is for me as I bought in at an average of NZ50c...). But I think this would still qualify as a Mohnish Parbrai "Dhando Investment". Heads, I win. Tails, I don't lose much (relative to my upside).

But I could rail against what I perceive to be crazy Market behaviour all I want - at the end of the day the market is like "the customer" in that he is always right! Ha!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NZO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $87.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.0¢ 39.0¢ 39.0¢ $2.243K 5.75K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1500 36.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.5¢ 1072 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 29/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NZO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.